Speed management involves the following:
- Defining the relationship between speed, speeding, and safety.
- Applying road design and engineering measures to obtain appropriate speeds.
- Setting speed limits that are safe and reasonable.
- Applying enforcement efforts and appropriate technology that effectively target crash-producing speeders and deter speeding.
- Effectively marketing communication and educational messages that focus on high-risk drivers.
- Soliciting the cooperation, support, and leadership of traffic safety stakeholders.