Side Pole Crash Test Scenario:
On a rainy afternoon, you’re driving down a curved street in your neighborhood. All of a sudden, you lose control of the vehicle. You start sliding on the road sideways and crash into a telephone pole on the driver’s side.
- A small-size adult female in driver seat
- The dummy is secured with a seat belt
- Vehicle, angled at 75 degrees, is pulled sideways at 20 mph into a 25cm diameter pole at the driver’s seating location
- Evaluation of injury to the head, chest, lower spine, abdomen, pelvis
- For side pole ratings, it is possible to compare all vehicles with each other